Below is an article by Upstart Business Journal entitled “Crowdfunding takes the rug out from under VCs, angels”.
Crowdfunding takes the rug out from under VCs, angels
By: Kent Bernhard Jr., Upstart Business Journal Money & Finance Editor
May 2, 2013
Some have said equity crowdfunding could put pressure on the venture capital industry. But data compiled by crowdfunder EquityNet suggests it will open whole different categories of upstarts for funding instead.
EquityNet Founder & CEO Judd Hollas was recently interviewed by Thinking Bigger Business Media’s Kelly Scanlon.
Thinking Bigger Business Media, Inc. are publishers of Thinking Bigger Business magazine, the Thinking Bigger Guides for Entrepreneurs, Smart Companies to Watch, Smart Companies radio, and other live events. Listen to Smart Company Radio to get the inside scope on how America’s most successful business owners transformed their entrepreneurial vision into reality. And, listen in as some of the top business minds in the country serve up practical advice, tips, and insights for growing your business.
Here is the interview:
Entrepreneurs now have access to a brand new business profile in their EquityNet account. The business profile will serve as the first place investors go when they view an entrepreneur’s business information in EquityNet. The new profile includes a section for:
- Business Overview
- Products / Services
- Media (Video & Images)
- External Links
- Contact Information
Entrepreneurs now have access to a brand new account dashboard in their EquityNet account. The dashboard is equipped with an activity feed along with step-by-step instructions on how to get started. The activity feed will keep entrepreneurs up-to-date on important EquityNet events, such as when:
- An investor views their business profile or business plan
- An investor sends them a message
- A new investor signs up that might interest them
- They share their plan or message an investor
Webinar – How Crowdfunding Can Help Entrepreneurs (NASVF) – October 10, 2012
Join NASVF and EquityNet for a free webinar, How Crowdfunding Can Help Entrepreneurs Raise Capital. The Webinar features EquityNet’s founder and CEO Judd Hollas, who will explain the basics of crowdfunding and how it can benefit the fund raising efforts of entrepreneurs.
• What is crowdfunding and how did it originate?
• When will crowdfunding be fully allowed in the U.S.?
• What impacts will crowdfunding have on entrepreneur fund raising efforts?
• Crowdfunding success rates, including % funded, amount, and timing?
• How to make crowdfunding a market success?
EquityNet is announcing the debut of our new online demo video. The video explains why entrepreneurs and investors use EquityNet and how EquityNet works. Best of all, it does all this in under 90 seconds! Let us know if you like the video by sharing it with others:
Permanent link to this post
(90 words, estimated 22 secs reading time)
Entrepreneurs and investors can now send and receive messages through EquityNet.
The new messaging system enables entrepreneurs to:
• Message thousands of investors and supporters in EquityNet
• Send messages before or after you share your plan
• Control whether or not you receive an email notice of new messages
• Manage your history with each investor with specific history pages
The new messaging system enables investors to:
• Message over 1,000 businesses in EquityNet for free
• Control if entrepreneurs receive their contact information
• Control whether or not they receive an email notice of new messages
• Manage their history with each entrepreneur with business specific history pages as shown below:
We’ve released a completely re-designed business plan software system in all EquityNet entrepreneur accounts.
In this new software release we made the following enhancements for you:
• Streamlined 10-step process for creating and refining a business plan
• Fewer questions and improved design for faster time-to-completion
• New Business Plan Analysis™ reports with expanded analytics and peer benchmarking
• Ability to export the business plan to Microsoft Word or PDF
Log in to your account now to view the new business plan software.
Below is an article by Worth Magazine entitled “The Top 10 Crowdfunding Sites – Where to Search for Under-the-Radar Investments”. The article lists EquityNet as one of the top 10 crowdfunding sites.
The Top 10 Crowdfunding Sites – Where to Search for Under-the-Radar Investments
By: Elizabeth Harris, Worth Magazine Writer
August – September, 2012
On August 22nd, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) interviewed EquityNet’s President and CEO, Judd Hollas, on crowdfunding. Below is a recap of that interview:
Crowdfunding has been described as a new way to expose and raise money from a large number of people. What type of new funding opportunities might crowdfunding offer for companies that seek capital for growth?
Companies will be able to seek equity, debt, donation, and reward-based capital via many crowdfunding platforms that focus on differing capital types and industries.