Chief Executive Officer
- CEO at World Tree,
- City Manager of the City of Rancho Palos Verdes, CA: He recently completed five very successful years as manager of a $35M budget,
- City Manager of Bell, CA: Led the turnaround after the disastrous City Council and administrative scandal that left the City on the verge of bankruptcy. City went from a $200K general fund balance to a $22.5M fund balance with city debt being cut in half,
- Chief Administrative Officer of Salt Lake County, UT: He managed 4K+ employees and an annual budget of $800+M. He presented more than $585M in bond offers to Wall Street rating agencies. During the 2008 financial downturn, he reduced the annual budget by more than $75M while also increasing service levels,
- CEO of Reference Pathology Services - He led the growth and turnaround of a research pathology laboratory from 21 employees and $1.2M in revenue to 120 employees and $22.2M in revenue upon the company’s sale in December of 2002 to Ameripath, Inc. for $33.5M.
President Financial Officer
Dr. Catherine Key
- Chief Operations Officer and President at World Tree,
- Experienced COO, specialized in creating radically new business models for social and environmental improvement. she is especially interested in making connections related to impact investing, the regenerative economy, forestry and carbon farming.
What's important to Cathy is that we protect our beautiful planet and restore its natural ecology. She works with farmers, impact investors, tree huggers, foresters and business people who share this goal.
She has a PhD in Anthropology - her PhD was on the Economics of Cooperation - and a 16 year track record in growing and developing businesses.
Chief Financial Officer
- CFO at World Tree,
- Finance Director at City of Rancho Palos Verdes: Completely rebuilt the finance team; restructured the entire accounting and budgeting processes; and oversaw the migration from an old outdated financial accounting system to a new cloud-based system,
- Finance Director at City of El Segundo: Oversaw and managed a budget of more than $225M annually,
- Director of Finance and Business Strategies: Managed all financial operations for Expedited/Package Services (E/PS) Strategic Business Unit responsible for generating over $5 billion in revenue. Responsibilities included hiring and developing finance/administrative staff, development of E/PS business plan for Board approval, profit and loss statements and development of a 5-year strategic plan.
Chief Business Development
Mary Jo Willmore
- Chief Business Development Officer at World Tree,
- Managing Director at Sarus Capital Management,
- Partner at SCF Advisers, Inc.,
- Vice President at WWC Capital Group.
Mary Jo joined World Tree in February 2020 heading the company’s business development initiatives. Mary Jo is focused on building relationships, identifying opportunities and executing investment programs to elevate World Tree’s positive impact on the planet. Mary Jo has over 25 years of experience in the financial industry, which includes asset management, investment and commercial banking, in the United States and internationally.
Prior to World Tree, Mary Jo served as a Managing Director at Sarus Capital Management, an asset management firm focused on investing in the public and private markets of Indochina. At Sarus, Mary Jo led the fundraising initiatives and operations of the firm as a member of the executive team working with audit, accounting and legal compliance firms.
- Founder of World Tree.
Wendy Burton has over 24 years of experience with the Emperor Splendor tree. Founded World Tree Technologies in 2002 and during first 5 years of operation, traveled in the US to expand knowledge on how to grow and manage the ES tree. Created World Tree as a "for profit for-good" company.
- Director of Investor Relations
Angela is an Empress Tree Expert and has been with World Tree since its incorporation in 2002, and has been instrumental in creating the Eco-Tree Investment Program.
She can answer all your questions about the EcoTree Program from her extensive experience growing the Empress tree and working with World Tree investors and farmers.